Agenda and minutes

Venue: by virtual meeting via Zoom

Contact: Tracy Predeth, Locum Clerk 

Note: There will be a representation of the meeting on Hythe and Dibden Parish Council’s website following the meeting. 

Items
No. Item

1/20

Declarations of Interest and Dispensations

  1. To note any declaration of interest made by Members in connection with an Agenda item. Members to specify the nature of the interest;
  2. To receive any written requests for dispensations for disclosable pecuniary interests;
  3. To grant any requests for dispensation as appropriate.

 

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest made and no requests for dispensation received.

2/20

Standing Orders pdf icon PDF 183 KB

To receive an adaptation to Standing Orders to allow virtual meetings.

Minutes:

The Locum Clerk gave an update on new government regulations which enable local councils to hold remote meetings until May 2021 and remove the requirement to hold an annual meeting.

 

RESOLVED that

 

                        The appendix to Standing Orders be adopted.

3/20

Election of Vice Chairman

To elect a Vice Chairman of the Council for the ensuing year.

Minutes:

RESOLVED that

 

Cllr Philip Dowd be elected as Vice Chairman of the Council for the forthcoming Council year.

 

Cllr Lodge joined the meeting at 7.08pm.

Cllr Kitcher joined the meeting at 7.10pm.

 

4/20

Minutes pdf icon PDF 80 KB

To consider and confirm the Minutes of the meeting of the Council held on 26 February 2020.

Minutes:

Consideration was given to the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 26th February 2020. Cllr Delemare gave an update on minute number 319/19 (Remembering Srebrenica).

 

RESOLVED that

 

The Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 26th February 2020 be agreed.

5/20

Chairman's Announcements

Minutes:

The Chairman thanked the people of Hythe and Dibden for their perseverance, courage and fortitude during this difficult period and for their continued commitment to helping us all get through the COVID-19 crisis. He paid tribute to the members of the community who have volunteered for the NHS scheme and for local organisations such as the Waterside Self-Isolation Support Group, and thanked them for their tireless efforts on behalf of those in isolation. He also thanked individuals who may not be part of an organised group but are helping their neighbours and friends.

 

The Council is working towards bringing the ACSOs back to Hythe and Dibden by the end of 2020. The COVID-19 crisis has delayed the situation but the Council is moving forward with recruitment.

 

The Chairman gave an update on the work that has been undertaken by the Parish Council during the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions:

 

·         The Council has acted as a liaison between a private company, doctors surgeries and care homes to identify any requirements that the organisations may have for face shields.

 

·         The Council provided initial information and support to the Waterside Self Isolation Support Group and subsequently offered  assistance to the Group to collect prescriptions from chemists and deliver them to residents who were isolating.

 

·         Council staff have continued to work adhering to the social distancing requirements. Following the closure of the NFDC information office staff have responded to an increased number of telephone calls to The Grove from residents seeking information on NFDC and HCC services. Officers have signposted residents to the relevant place using information supplied by both NFDC and HCC. There has been a notable increase in requests for allotments.

 

·         The Maintenance Team have increased their work on the Council’s busiest amenity areas to cope with the increased usage by the public. Increased attention has been paid to the cleanliness of the facilities.

 

·         Some caretaking staff have been redeployed to the maintenance team to undertake lone worker tasks such as painting benches and football goalposts. One of the Caretakers has assisted the maintenance team to plant the summer bedding plants and install the hanging baskets.

 

·         The Council is liaising with NFDC to identify safe ways to reopen the NFDC information office located in the Grove. Potential solutions have been identified and work continues to make the information office available as soon as possible.

 

·         Members and Officers worked together to find a creative solution to a problem being experienced by some members of this community. Due to the closure of the New Forest and local beach car parks and the subsequent increase in the usage of public footpaths and pavements, some less able residents found it difficult to exercise. Following discussions, the Council reopened the Noads Way Open Space facility and made a plea to the community to recognise the difficulties that some people were experiencing and the community responded. The Chairman read out a letter from a grateful resident.

 

The Chairman thanked the staff for all their hard work during this challenging time  ...  view the full minutes text for item 5/20

6/20

Public Forum

Members of the public are invited to make representations to the Hythe and Dibden Parish Council on any matters relating to the work of the Council. Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960. The Council asks that the Public submit questions and/or comments to the Clerk of the Council via email to tracy.predeth@hytheanddibden.gov.uk by 5pm on Monday 25th May 2020.

Minutes:

Members of the public were invited to submit questions and/or comments to the Locum Clerk prior to the meeting.

1)    The Chairman read out an email from a resident of Roman Road, Dibden Purlieu. The resident raised concerns about the growth in traffic numbers on the A326 and the associated noise and the speed of traffic negotiating the Dibden Purlieu roundabout. He said that the bend off the roundabout into Roman Road is too sharp/tight and this has caused minor accidents. He said that local residents would be adversely affected if the proposed development at Fawley goes ahead without substantial safety changes and speed restrictions to each of the roundabouts.

The Chairman responded that a number of local residents have also raised concerns about traffic speeding along this section of the A326. As a result, the Chairman has asked the police inspector if speed checks could be carried out between the Heath roundabout and Hardley roundabout. The inspector has confirmed that there will be a speed check in the near future. Members are aware of the issues at the roundabout, including from the perspective of cyclists. The Waterside Cycling Action Group will be invited to a council meeting to give a presentation and Hampshire County Council will be invited to present to the Council on their proposals for the modifications to the A326 and their proposals for cycling routes.

2)    The Chairman read out an email from a member of the public who expressed disappointment that the High Street looked unkempt. He asked that more attention be given to the general appearance of the High Street and The Marsh. He also said that the seating area and the pavement outside the chip shop at The Marsh are in disrepair, giving the area a shabby, run-down appearance.

 

The Chairman responded that street cleaning is undertaken by NFDC and these concerns had been forwarded to them. The Chairman said that last year there was a substantial fire at the chip shop resulting in the premises being closed for several months. The seating area in The Marsh is under private ownership and the Council will try to identify the land owners and contact them to explain these concerns.

7/20

Planning Committee pdf icon PDF 64 KB

a)    To receive and approve the minutes of the Planning Committee held on 11th March 2020.

b)    To receive the delegated decisions of the Planning Committee.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Chairman of the Planning Committee gave an update on the Council’s new processes for dealing with planning applications during the COVID-19 restrictions. He expressed his thanks to the officers and committee members for their efforts.

 

RESOLVED that

 

a)    The Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 11th March 2020 be agreed.

b)    The delegated decisions of the Planning Committee be received.

8/20

Personnel Committee pdf icon PDF 60 KB

To receive and approve the minutes of the Personnel Committee held on 26th February 2020.

Minutes:

RESOLVED that

 

The Minutes of the Personnel Committee meeting held on 26th February 2020 be agreed.

9/20

Communications Working Party pdf icon PDF 56 KB

To receive the notes of the Communications Working Group meeting held on 26th February 2020.

Minutes:

The notes of the Communications Working Party meeting held on 26th February 2020 were received.

 

10/20

Christmas Lights and Mistletoe Fayre Working Group pdf icon PDF 66 KB

To receive the notes of the Christmas Lights and Mistletoe Fayre Working Group meeting held on 27th February 2020.

 

RECOMMENDATIONS:

1.    That the Council increase the match funding paid to Hythe Alive for Christmas lights from £1000 to £1100.

2.    That Officers be provided with delegated powers to make improvements to the Christmas lighting and Mistletoe Fayre provision where possible with the existing budget

 

Minutes:

The notes of the Christmas Lights and Mistletoe Fayre Working Group meeting held on 27th February 2020 were received. Councillors considered the recommendations of the working group.  

 

            RESOLVED that

 

a)    The Council increases the match funding paid to Hythe Alive for Christmas lights from £1000 to £1100.

b)    Officers be provided with delegated powers to make improvements to the Christmas lighting and Mistletoe Fayre provision where possible with the existing budget.

 

11/20

Economic Development Working Group pdf icon PDF 62 KB

To receive the notes of the Economic Development Working Group meeting held on 13th March 2020.

 

Minutes:

The notes of the Economic Development Working Group meeting held on 13th March 2020 were received.

12/20

Delegated Decisions pdf icon PDF 50 KB

To receive a report of delegated decisions.

Minutes:

Councillors received a report from the Deputy Clerk on the delegated decisions that have been made during the COVID-19 restrictions. These delegated decisions have been made to allow the council to continue to operate effectively and to support parish based organisation or community assets.

13/20

Outside Bodies Representatives pdf icon PDF 51 KB

To appoint a Representative Trustee to serve on the Dibden Allotment Fund.

Minutes:

            RESOLVED that

 

Cllr Stephanie Osborne be appointed as a Representative Trustee to serve on the Dibden Allotment Fund.

14/20

Finance 2019-2020 pdf icon PDF 45 KB

a.    To receive the bank reconciliation reports for February 2020 – April 2020.

b.    To receive the accounts for payment for February 2020 – April 2020.

c.    To receive the end of Quarter 3 Financial Strategy Report

d.    To receive the end of Quarter 4 Financial Strategy Report

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

RESOLVED that

 

a)    The bank reconciliation reports for February 2020 – April 2020 be noted.

b)    The accounts for payment as detailed totalling £175,881.27 (gross) be agreed and paid.

c)    The end of Quarter 3 Financial Strategy Report be received.

d)    The end of Quarter 4 Financial Strategy Report be received.