Terms of Reference
The following matters shall be reserved for decision by the Town Council, but the
appropriate Committee(s) may make recommendation for the Council’s consideration:-
· The Precept;
· Borrowing money;
· Making, amending or revoking Standing Orders, Financial Regulations, Duties and Powers of Proper Officer provisions;
· Making, amending or revoking By-laws;
· Making of Orders under Statutory Powers;
· Matters of principle or policy and adoption of Council Policy.
· Consideration of comments and recommendations made by the Internal or External Auditor.
· Nomination or appointment of representatives of the Town Council on any authority, organisation or body, (except approved conferences or meetings);
· New powers or duties;
· Prosecution or defence in a Court of Law;
· Nomination or appointment of representatives of the Council to any enquiry on matters affecting the Town;
· Receive Reports and recommendations referred to the Town Council from the various Committees/Sub-Committees;
· Authorise the sealing of various documents with the Common Seal;
· To appoint representatives on outside bodies or joint bodies;
· To confirm the appointment of the Town Mayor/Deputy Town Mayor;
· To confirm the schedule of meetings of the Town Council/Committees/Sub-Committees for the ensuing year.
· Any other matters not delegated to a Committee or Sub-Committee or referred to the Council by Committees or Sub-Committees.
Support officer: Linda Roberts - Town Clerk.
Phone: 01225 704187