Agenda and minutes

Venue: Virtual Meeting

Contact: Email: townhall@tenterdentowncouncil.gov.uk  01580 762271

Items
No. Item

492.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE.

Minutes:

Cllrs. M. Carter, M. Hickmott and K. Mulholland.

493.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.

Minutes:

None.

494.

MINUTES.

To consider and, if approved, confirm and sign the minutes and report of the meeting held on 9th March 2020 and Special meeting on 17th March 2020 as correct records.

Minutes:

The minutes and reports of the meeting held on 9th March 2020 and the Special meeting on 17th March 2020 were agreed and would be signed at the earliest opportunity.

495.

MATTERS ARISING.

 

Please note KCC response from Cllr Hill’s PA to the comments regarding potholes in Tenterden:

 

I have received an update from the Senior Highway Manager regarding Recreation Ground Road.  As I am sure you will understand, Highways are having to concentrate on the bare essentials of highway maintenance at the moment.  Highways are continuing to inspect the road network and carry out safety repairs, but bigger schemes are likely to be delayed as resources dwindle and material supplies reduce.  Recreation Road will therefore continue to be inspected and any safety critical defects will continue to be temporarily filled to keep safe.

Minutes:

 

The  KCC response below, from Cllr Hill’s PA to the comments regarding potholes in Tenterden, was NOTED:

 

“I have received an update from the Senior Highway Manager regarding Recreation Ground Road.  As I am sure you will understand, Highways are having to concentrate on the bare essentials of highway maintenance at the moment.  Highways are continuing to inspect the road network and carry out safety repairs, but bigger schemes are likely to be delayed as resources dwindle and material supplies reduce.  Recreation Road will therefore continue to be inspected and any safety critical defects will continue to be temporarily filled to keep safe.”

496.

REPRESENTATION FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC.

Members of the public may make personal representations at this meeting by giving written notice of a request to speak and indicating briefly the matter of interest or relevant agenda item to the Town Clerk or Deputy Town Clerk no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting. Provided always that speakers are resident in a ward of the Council and, give their full name and address prior to speaking, the committee Chairman may (or may choose not to) invite individuals to speak at the relevant point in the meeting. Speeches may not exceed three minutes duration and speakers may not participate in any subsequent debate between committee members. At the Chairman’s discretion, only one speech may be made in support of each side of any contentious issue.

Minutes:

None.

497.

COUNCILLORS' QUESTIONS.

At the Chairman’s discretion, Councillors may ask a question about any item relevant to this committee that is not on the agenda. Every question shall be put and answered without discussion. An answer may take the form of a direct oral answer or reference to a Town Council publication. Where a reply cannot be conveniently given at this meeting, an oral or written answer may be circulated at a later date. All councillors present will be permitted to contribute to the debate on agenda items but only members of this committee will be permitted to vote.

Minutes:

None.

498.

SUB-COMMITTEE & WORKING GROUP REPORTS. pdf icon PDF 127 KB

 

(a)         Cinema Focus Group.  Verbal update on the progress so far.

 

(b)         Donations Sub-committee.  A report from a meeting on 7th April 2020 and recommendations regarding grant funding (to be tabled).

 

(c)         Covid-19 Sub-committee. Reports of emergency meetings of this committee on 23rd and 24th of March 2020. *

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

 

(a)         Cinema Focus Group. Cllr. Sugden reported that at the last meeting the Council agreed to ask Tom Evans to update councillors on how the focus group have got to where they are now and that the Deputy Town Clerk was going to arrange a meeting. The Town Clerk commented that the full feasibility report is not out yet. Cllr. Mrs. Ferguson agreed that the report is only in draft form and some changes do need to be made.  However, it will possibly be ready for the next set of meetings and Mr. T. Evans, Chair of the Focus Group, is keen to speak then.

 

Cllr. Mrs. Walder commented that the feasibility report needs substantial re-drafting and does not take into account the current situation with Coronavirus and that cinema operators have been heavily impacted by the lockdown. Cllr. Mrs. Walder suggested that a special meeting is required on the project.  Cllr. Nelson commented that the need to bring people up to speed is not urgent but does need to be done before decisions can be made. The Deputy Town Clerk reported that a Focus Group meeting had been held on 9th April and the minutes do go into detail on how to approach this.   

 

The Town Clerk stated that the Internal meeting on 14th April 2020 will be discussing a proposal to defer the Annual Council Meeting and if it is agreed, the meeting schedule would leave the second Monday in May free.  It was suggestedthat the Cinema Focus Group would be asked for a background presentation for that date if possible.

 

(b)         Donations Sub-committee.  Cllr. Mrs Smith provided a report from a meeting held on 7th April 2020.  She said that the committee had considered three applications.

 

(i)           Tenterden Multi Academy Trust – Art Installation. This has been DEFERRED to a later date due to the Coronavirus outbreak, however, the application was viewed favourably.

 

(ii)         St. Michael’s & All Angels Church – Church Clock.  It was RESOLVED to donate the annual grant of £150.00 towards the maintenance costs of St. Michael’s Church Clock in 2020.

 

(iii)        Tenterden Bowls Club.  It was RESOLVED to donate £1,324.00 to the Tenterden Bowls Club for the planning and CAD drawing fees for the Clubhouse extension which have been done and paid for. The Bowls Club had asked for more money for the new build, but because of the situation, the committee thought it was best to only grant what has already been paid out. The Bowls Club should approach the Town Council again, to ask for further funding.

 

(c)         Covid-19 Sub-committee. The Town Clerk reported on the emergency meetings of this committee on 23rd and 24th March 2020. The Coronavirus flyer was finalised at the first meeting and was delivered to 3,200 residents the following day.  The funding was an initial £1,000 injection for Helping in Tenterden (HiT)with £2,000 to be held in reserve for a later date if needed. The funds  ...  view the full minutes text for item 498.

499.

SUBSCRIPTION TO NATIONAL COMMUNITY LAND TRUST. pdf icon PDF 214 KB

To note that the affiliate membership to this organisation is no longer required. *

Minutes:

 

It was NOTED that the affiliate membership to the National Community Land Trust is no longer required. Cllr. Nelson thanked Tenterden Town Council for paying for this for the past eighteen months and said that it had been very useful.

 

500.

CORRESPONDENCE.

None.

Minutes:

None.

501.

MINOR MATTERS.

None.

Minutes:

None.

502.

ANY OTHER URGENT BUSINESS PREVIOUSLY NOTIFIED TO THE CHAIR.

No decision may lawfully be made under this item but matters which involve no more than an exchange of information may be discussed.

Minutes:

None.