Agenda and minutes

Venue: Mayor's Parlour

Items
No. Item

1.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE, WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS.

Minutes:

Apologies were received from Cllrs. Mrs. J. Curteis and Mrs. K. Walder, Cllr. M. Hill (KCC), Ms. K. Magnall (ABC), Mr. C. Kinloch and Mr. J. Smettem (Dandara). 

 

Mr. S. Watts Interim Leader for Building Control at ABC was welcomed to the meeting. 

 

2.

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 3RD SEPTEMBER 2019.

Minutes:

The notes were agreed as a true record.

3.

MATTERS ARISING.

Minutes:

 

Minute 5.2 – Tesco Pedestrian Access.  Cllr. Clokie reported that they ABC were still trying to find someone to talk to at Tesco regarding the pedestrian access via the Taylor Wimpey development.  It could still be a possibility, but it would require Tesco to lose some parking bays and install a zebra crossing.

 

Minute 6 – Benches.  Claire Gilbert reported that the benches had been delivered to both Taylor Wimpey & Dandara.  Paul Gibson reported that the benches will be installed soon along Six Fields Path; Alan Bates suggested anchoring the benches given an issue in the past where they were stolen.

 

Minute 7 – BMX Track.  This has now been completely removed and fenced off.  Alan Bates reported that he has received many comments from residents in the new houses that it was a shame to see them removed.

 

Minute 8.1 – Six Fields Path Fence.  Alan reported that the fence had been moved back slightly since the last meeting.  Paul Gibson responded that work will be finished hopefully on Friday (22nd November) on the Bells Lane/Six Fields path and the fencing can then be removed.

 

4.

UPDATE FROM PARTNERS. pdf icon PDF 556 KB

Reports from developers.

Minutes:

 

(a)         Dandara.  Unfortunately James Smettem was unable to attend the meeting.  It was agreed that Claire would contact James for an update report which will hopefully be circulated with the minutes.

 

(b)         Taylor Wimpey.  Paul Gibson provided an update report (see attached).  Paul reported that all 112 dwellings on the Taylor Wimpey site have been sold.  Alan asked about the tree that had fallen over by the attenuation basin; Paul reported that the tree needs to be propped up and it is in hand.

 

Paul reported that Taylor Wimpey have been awarded NHBC Pride in the Job Award 2019 for the second year in a row.  The Group congratulated all those involved.

5.

CURRENT ABC POSITION.

Report from ABC Officers.

Minutes:

None.

6.

RECREATION GROUND ROAD.

To consider further temporary repair of the road.

Minutes:

 

(a)         Claire reported that comments had been received by a cyclist in Tenterden on the state of Recreation Ground Road.  They were enquiring whether temporary improvements  could be carried out to patch the potholes near the raised sections of the road.  Claire agreed to email both Dandara and KCC to find out if temporary repairs could be carried out.

 

(b)               Cllr. John Crawford asked whether any resurfacing will take place on Smallhythe Road now that the Taylor Wimpey development was complete.  Paul reported that KCC had not approached them for any further works to be carried out above what they had already done as agreed.  Claire agreed to email Cllr. Mike Hill (KCC) to find out if the road could be resurfaced. 

 

7.

ONE-WAY SIGN.

To consider installing a one-way sign on the roundabout by the Leisure Centre.

Minutes:

 

Claire reported that complaints had been received from residents regarding dangerous driving at the Leisure Centre roundabout; vehicles are not going round it, but driving straight on into the Dandara development.  Alan reported that it was impossible for lorries to use the roundabout therefore they had to drive straight on.  It was reported that once the development is finished, the roundabout will be removed and the road layout will change.

 

Cllr. Clokie suggested a meeting with KCC to look at the new road layout and see if they have temporary signage to put on the roundabout in the meantime.  Claire agreed to contact Cllr. Mike Hill and Highways.

 

8.

MEMBER'S QUESTIONS.

Minutes:

 

(a)         Flooded footpath.  Claire reported on a recent complaint from a member of the public regarding the flooded footpath from Six Fields Path to Smallhythe Road.  Paul reported that the footpath will be moved in a couple of weeks.  Unfortunately due to the volume of rain fall in the recent month it was impossible to keep on top of it.

 

(b)         Restricted Parking Zones.  Paul reported that he had still not received the RPZ signs.  As all the properties are now occupied, enforcement of the RPZs is going to be more difficult; residents are however aware of the policy.  ABC were provided with a design for the signs but no further action has been taken.  Stephen Watts (ABC) agreed to liaise with Jo Fox.  Cllr. Clokie reported that an Order will be required for the signs to be put up.

 

 

 

9.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS.

Minutes:

 

(a)         Paul asked whether the Tent1 meetings would still be required as the Taylor Wimpey development will be complete by Christmas.  As the Dandara development was not quite finished, the meetings will continue for now.  Cllr. Clokie will check with ABC to see if there are any remaining issues for Taylor Wimpey before they leave site.

10.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING.

Minutes:

Tuesday, 21st January 2020 at 2.00 pm.